Information about us
FlatAway (hereinafter referred to as “Website” or “FlatAway website”) is a reservations website provided by Flat Manager Ltd, a company registered in Bulgaria under UIC BG202684022. Flat Manager is a short-term rental management company, which operates in Bulgaria and Romania on its own and through its franchisees.
Using the FlatAway Website
You must be  years or older and capable in your country of residence of entering into a legally binding agreement to use the service our Website offers.
It is your responsibility to ensure the information provided to us is accurate and up to date.
You may be contacted by us to verify your identity and request any additional documentation that we may need for that purpose, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
On the FlatAway website you can browse through listings (online advertisements referred to as Listings) of properties, access information about the properties and Flat Manager’s business, send reservation inquiries, rent properties for temporary accommodation and order additional (extra) services including but not limited to airport transfers, additional cleanings and others, all of which are collectively referred to as “The Service” of the FlatAway Website. Please note that some of the additional services are not performed by Flat Manager Ltd.
All properties are rented out by Flat Manager Ltd, which acts on behalf of and for the benefit of the properties’ homeowners, duly authorized by the latter to do so by a property management contract.
Using the 5-Star Home Office
- By purchasing this service you are renting a one bedroom apartment (Junior Suite) in Marinela Hotel Sofia for a day stay between the hours of 6am and 9pm on the date you have selected.
- At check-in you will be asked to provide an identification document (ID card or passport) and a debit/credit card. The latter is provided as a guarantee for additional services such as roomservice, minibar, etc.
- The apartment can be used solely by you. Exceptions are made for business meetings provided that the Reception desk at the hotel has been notified.
- The service includes unlimited access to the hotel gym, swimming pool and sauna within the time frame of your reservation. Please note that some of these facilities may be temporarily closed at the time of your reservation due to COVID-19 measures.
- The service includes free coffee and water.
- The service does not include breakfast or any other meals.
- All additional services are paid for at reception upon check-out.
- You can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 48 hours prior to the check-in date. Please note that refunds may take up to 3 business days.
- The Five Star Home Office is a joint service by FlatAway and Marinela Hotel Sofia. By accepting these terms you agree that your personal data will be processed by FlatAway according to the platform’s policy and by Marinela Hotel, according to the hotel’s policy.
Your relationship with us
You acknowledge that the properties identified in the Listings are not owned, by us, but by third party individuals who have each entered into an agreement with us to rent their properties to Guests (you) through the FlatAway Website.
Fees and payments
The Use of the FlatAway website is provided free of charge.
In order to make a Reservation, you will be required to pay a reservation fee to the Host, as detailed in the relevant Listing (the “Reservation Fee”). The fee will be equal to the average nightly rate at which the Listing is advertised during the period you selected plus a cleaning fee.
Your reservation is accepted instantly once the payment of the Reservation Fee is confirmed by our payment provider Stripe. If the payment is processed successfully you will see a success page with your booking confirmation code. Additional instructions will be sent to the email address you provided during the reservation process within 24 hours of payment confirmation.
Cash payments are not accepted under any circumstances.
If a Reservation is extended you will receive additional payment instructions.
We act as a payment collection agent for the homeowner, for the sole purpose of facilitating payment of the Reservation Fee from you to the homeowner.
Applicable Fees and Taxes
All taxes are included in the Reservation fee with the following exceptions:
- Bank or credit card fees charged by your financial services provider. By using the FlatAway Service you acknowledge that the occurrence of such fees is entirely out of our control.
- Implied fees which occur when your bank or credit card company converts the amount of the Reservation Fee in the default currency of your account at an exchange rate which differs from the market rate. By using the FlatAway Service you acknowledge that the occurrence of such fees is entirely out of our control.
- Fees which are explicitly stated in the description of the listing and are of a conditional nature (eg Late check-in fee)
- Fees for additional services such as airport transfers, additional cleanings, etc. You will be notified of such fees prior to ordering the additional service.
Change of Reservation
You may modify or cancel a Reservation through by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any modification or cancellation may be subject to additional terms and conditions as notified to you prior to your confirmation of a request to modify or cancel a Reservation, including the terms and conditions set out in this clause.
Cancelation Policy and Refunds
If you cancel a Reservation, the following amounts of the Reservation Fee will be refunded to you:
- If you cancel your reservation thirty (30) days or more prior to the first day of your reservation, you will receive full refund of the Reservation Fee, with exception of any transaction costs FlatAway we may incur, capped at 2% of the Reservation Fee.
- If you cancel your reservation between thirty (30) days and fourteen (14) days before the first day of your stay, you will receive a refund of 50% of the Reservation Fee;
- If you cancel your reservation fourteen (14) days or less before the first day of your reservation, you will not receive any refund of the Reservation Fee;
- If you cancel your reservation during the period of your stay (for example, if you want to check out before the agreed check-out date), you will not receive any refund of the Reservation Fee;
- If you check out three (3) or more hours after the check-out time, as notified to you on the reservation confirmation, you will be charged for one (1) additional night for late check-out, as notified to you on the reservation confirmation email. This additional fee will be calculated at the same daily rate as your Reservation Fee.
In the rare case where we have to cancel your Reservation, you will receive a full refund of the Reservation Fee and, at your request, we will assist with relocation options.
FlatAway Users Rights and Obligations
You also agree:
- not to copy any portion of our service;
- not to give, sell or make available any portion of our service to anybody else;
- not to change or attempt to change our service in any way;
- not to look for or access the code of our service that we did not specifically shared for general use.
When using the service, you must not:
- avoid, restrict or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of the content accessible via the service;
- give any false or misleading information or authorize another person to use the service under your name or on your behalf;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression they are linked to us, if this is not the case;
- use the service if we have suspended your access to it, or have otherwise banned you from using it;
- misuse the service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the service or the equipment of any user of the service; or
- use any automated system, including without limitation “robots “, “spiders “or “offline readers“ to access the Service in a manner that send more request messages to the Service than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time.
- immediate, temporary or permanent, restriction of your right to use the FlatAway Website and service;
- issuing of a warning to you;
- legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Terminating our relationship
You may end your use of our service at any time, for any reason.
If you or we end your use of the Flat Away Service or we restrict the service as described in this section, we may delete or modify any information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the service or access our content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses.
The termination of your use of the Flat Away service shall not affect any of your obligations to pay any amounts due to us.
You acknowledge that we are only a representative of the homeowner and we are not party to any agreement between you and any homeowner. Accordingly, we will not be liable for any breach of a contract between you and any homeowner.
We do not assume any liability for any loss or damage suffered by you which is caused by any homeowner`s action or inaction or any malfunctions, accidents, incidents or events that may occur during your stay at the Host’s property.
We will ensure that the service of FlatAway website is available during normal business hours. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet and technology, the service is provided on an “as available“ and “as is“ basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free, or meet your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the Service in these Terms of Service and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by law.
In the event of a claim arising out of the provision of the Service, our responsibility to you will never be more than the amount you have paid through the Service in the three (3) months prior to the claim arising and, in the event that you have not made any payments through the Service, our responsibility to you will never be more than 1 EUR.
In every case, we will never be responsible for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
If you have a dispute with us relating to the service, in the first instance please contact us at email@example.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve a dispute informally, we will discuss and agree with you the most effective way of resolving the dispute.
If a dispute arises between you and a homeowner in connection with a Reservation, then you may refer the dispute to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org , in which case we will review the dispute and provide reasonable assistance to resolve such dispute informally by acting as a mediator between you and the homeowner. For the avoidance of doubt, we are under no obligation to resolve any dispute between you and a homeowner to the satisfaction of both you and the homeowner, and nothing in this clause shall prevent you (or the homeowner) from commencing or continuing court proceedings in relation to the dispute.
Service Improvements and Updates
We are constantly updating and improving our service to try and find ways to provide you with new and innovative features and services. Improvements and updates are also made to reflect changing technologies and to meet our customers’ needs of use of the Internet and our service.
We may need to update, reset, stop offering and/or supporting a particular part of the service, or feature relating to the service. These changes to the service may affect your past activities on the service and features that you use. Any changes to the Service could involve your service elements being deleted or reset.
You agree that a main characteristic of our service is that changes to the service will take place over time and this is an important basis on which we grant you access to the service. Once we have made changes to the service, your continued use of the service will show that you have accepted any changes to it. You are always free to stop using the FlatAway Website.
We will try, where possible and reasonable, to contact you to let you know about any significant changes to the service.
Changes will usually occur because of new features being added, changes in the law or where we need to clarify our position on something.
Normally, we will try to give you some warning before the new terms become effective. However, sometimes changes will need to be made immediately and if this happens we will not give you any notice.
Applicable Documents and Versions
Third Party Rights
Contact, feedback and complaints
We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve the service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and without any payment to you.